Thank you, Fu-fu. Hello, everyone. This is Shyue-Ching Lu, Chairman of Chunghwa Telecom. Thank you all for joining our third quarter 2011 earnings results conference call.
On Slide No. 3, total consolidated revenue for the third quarter of 2011 amounted to NT$55.7 billion, with the increase mainly from higher fixed line revenue, mobile VAS and handset sales. Higher property sales from our property development subsidiary also contributed to the revenue growth, and we continued to expand our traditional telecom service business during the quarter.
Moving on to Slide No. 4, which shows our cash return over the last several years. This year, we have returned NT$19.4 billion via capital reduction and distributed dividends of NT$42.9 billion relating to the year 2010. Going forward, we will remain committed to distributing dividends to shareholders.I will now hand over to Chang for our business overview. Shaio-Tung Chang Thank you Dr. Lu. Now let me take you through our business performance. We’ve outlined our business highlights on Slide 6 to give an overview of some key corporate developments. Beginning with our mobile business, smartphones as a percentage of total handsets sold continued to grow, reaching 45% for the third quarter compared to 40% for the first half of the year. Due to a close correlation with the popularity of the smartphone, VAS revenue as percentage of total mobile revenue increased to 21.6% for the third quarter as compared to 15% for the same period of last year. We successfully addressed the market competition by offering limited “Free on-net call” and “My hot line” packages to enhance customer loyalty. In terms of broadband, we reduced our broadband tariff in June, especially for higher speed services such as 20 Mbps and 50 Mbps in order to speed up the migration to fiber solutions and facilitate the take-up of relevant applications. As of now, 50 Mbps subscribers total 365,000.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV