NEW YORK (TheStreet) -- The ex-dividend date for Waste Connections (NYSE:WCN) is Monday, October 31, 2011. Owners of shares as of market close today will be eligible for a dividend of 9 cents per share. At a price of $35.36 as of 9:30 a.m. ET, the dividend yield is 1%. The average volume for Waste Connections has been one million shares per day over the past 30 days. Waste Connections has a market cap of $3.9 billion and is part of the industrial goods sector and materials & construction industry. Shares are up 28.9% year to date as of the close of trading on Thursday. Waste Connections, Inc., an integrated solid waste services company, provides solid waste collection, transfer, disposal, and recycling services. The company has a P/E ratio of 24.3, equal to the average materials & construction industry P/E ratio and above the S&P 500 P/E ratio of 17.7.
- Practice your dividend trading strategies and win cash in our stock game.
Latest Headlines about WCN
Latest from TheStreet Wire
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV