NEW YORK (TheStreet) -- Lannett Incorporated (AMEX:LCI) has been upgraded by TheStreet Ratings from sell to hold. Among the primary strengths of the company is its solid financial position based on a variety of debt and liquidity measures that we have evaluated. At the same time, however, we also find weaknesses including deteriorating net income, disappointing return on equity and poor profit margins. Highlights from the ratings report include:
- LCI's debt-to-equity ratio is very low at 0.07 and is currently below that of the industry average, implying that there has been very successful management of debt levels. To add to this, LCI has a quick ratio of 1.77, which demonstrates the ability of the company to cover short-term liquidity needs.
- LCI, with its decline in revenue, underperformed when compared the industry average of 8.1%. Since the same quarter one year prior, revenues fell by 21.9%. Weakness in the company's revenue seems to have hurt the bottom line, decreasing earnings per share.
- LANNETT CO INC has exprienced a steep decline in earnings per share in the most recent quarter in comparison to its performance from the same quarter a year ago. The company has reported a trend of declining earnings per share over the past two years. However, the consensus estimate suggests that this trend should reverse in the coming year. During the past fiscal year, LANNETT CO INC swung to a loss, reporting -$0.01 versus $0.30 in the prior year. This year, the market expects an improvement in earnings ($0.15 versus -$0.01).
- The gross profit margin for LANNETT CO INC is rather low; currently it is at 22.60%. It has decreased significantly from the same period last year. Along with this, the net profit margin of -7.10% is significantly below that of the industry average.
- Net operating cash flow has significantly decreased to -$1.58 million or 130.61% when compared to the same quarter last year. In addition, when comparing to the industry average, the firm's growth rate is much lower.
Latest Headlines about LCI
Latest from TheStreet Wire
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV