TAIPEI, Taiwan, Oct. 28, 2011 /PRNewswire-Asia-FirstCall/ -- Chunghwa Telecom Co., Ltd. (TAIEX: 2412, NYSE: CHT) ("Chunghwa" or "the Company") today reported its operating results for the third quarter and first nine months of 2011. All figures were prepared in accordance with generally accepted accounting principles of the Republic of China ("ROC GAAP") on a consolidated basis.
(Comparisons, unless otherwise stated, are to the prior year period )
Third Quarter 201 1 Financial Highlights
- Total consolidated revenue increased by 9.5% to NT$55.71 billion
- Mobile communications revenue increased by 6.6% to NT$23.76 billion; mobile value-added services (VAS) revenue increased by 40.5% to NT$3.92 billion
- Internet revenue increased by 0.6% to NT$6.44 billion; internet VAS revenue increased by 13.3% to NT$0.61 billion
- Domestic fixed communications revenue increased by 17.1% to NT$20.52 billion
- International fixed communications revenue decreased by 6.0% to NT$3.78 billion
- Total operating costs and expenses increased by 14.9% to NT$41.83 billion
- Net income totaled NT$11.93 billion, representing a 0.2% decrease
- Basic earnings per share (EPS) increased by 25.2% to NT$1.54
First Nine Months 2011 Financial Highlights
- Total consolidated revenue increased by 8.3% to NT$162.61 billion
- Mobile communications revenue increased by 3.5% to NT$68.95 billion; mobile VAS revenue increased by 40.4% to NT$11.21 billion
- Internet revenue increased by 2.5% to NT$18.78 billion; internet VAS revenue increased by 14.7% to NT$1.85 billion
- Domestic fixed communications revenue increased by 14.3% to NT$59.5 billion
- International fixed communications revenue decreased by 2.3% to NT$11.43 billion
- Total operating costs and expenses increased by 12.7% to NT$119.37 billion
- Net income totaled NT$37.07 billion, representing a 0.3% increase
- Basic EPS increased by 24.7% to NT$4.75
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
24/7 market commentary from Jim Cramer and 20+ veteran Wall Street gurus. Get access to the latest trading ideas on stocks, options, and ETFs as well as a real-time forum to see the pros exchanging their investment ideas.
- Jim Cramer + 20 Wall Street pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Real-time trading forum
- Actionable trade ideas
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV