SAO PAULO, Oct. 27, 2011 /PRNewswire/ -- The management of BRF – Brasil Foods S.A. ("BRF" or the "Company" – Bovespa: BRFS3; NYSE: BRFS) hereby publicly announces, within the terms of the Instructions by Brazil´s Securities and Exchange Commission (CVM), its estimates for the process of synergies to be obtained from the merger of BRF and Sadia. The synergies before tax and participations is foreseen at around R$ 560 million for 2011. The company has the objective to realize net synergies of about R$ 1 billion per year in the period between 2012-2013 and will stabilize at these levels going forward, which will be achieved with additional gradual investments amounting to approximately R$ 700 million between the period of 2011 to 2013.
The foreseen synergies are in line with the mapping the Company has already undertaken. However, achieving these synergies depends on the successful implementation of the processes in the areas of supply (grains and other raw materials), manufacturing, agribusiness and logistics, as well as the investments which will be carried out to obtain the gains.
As the Company has outlined and approved its Long-Term Strategic Plan – BRF 15 - which foresees organic growth and selective acquisitions on the international market, the Company estimates that it will obtain net sales of around R$ 50 billion in 2015 when the Strategic Plan will be operational.
These expectations are greatly dependent on changes in the market and the general economic performance of Brazil, the sector and the international markets and are, therefore, subject to changes.Leopoldo Viriato SaboyaCFO and IRO CONTACT: Ana Carolina Bastos email@example.com SOURCE BRF - Brasil Foods S.A.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV