SAO PAULO, Oct. 27, 2011 /PRNewswire/ -- CSN - Companhia Siderurgica Nacional (NYSE: SID) (BM&FBOVESPA: CSNA3) announces its results for the 3Q11:
- Net revenue totaled R$12.4 billion in 9M11, 12% up on the same period last year and a new Company record. In 3Q11, net revenue reached R$4.2 billion;
- Net income amounted to R$2.9 billion in 9M11, 38% up on 9M10 and also a new record. In 3Q11, net income was R$1.1 billion;
- Adjusted EBITDA totaled R$5.0 billion in 9M11, 2% up year-on-year, accompanied by an EBITDA margin of 41%. In 3Q11, adjusted EBITDA was R$1.7 billion, with a 40% margin;
- CSN posted record iron ore sales volume of 21.3 million tonnes in the first nine months, 13% up on 9M10. In 3Q11, iron ore sales volume totaled 8.0 million tonnes, 18% higher than in 2Q11 and also another record;
- Net revenue from mining totaled R$4.3 billion in 9M11, 72% up year-on-year and the Company's highest ever figure, and R$1.6 billion in 3Q11, 4% more than the 2Q11 and also a record;
- Year-to-date EBITDA from mining also reached record levels, totaling R$2.9 billion, 74% up on 9M10. Third-quarter mining EBITDA stood at R$1.0 billion, accounting for 59% of total EBITDA;
- Consolidated steel product sales volume in the domestic market, where margins are historically higher, accounted for 86% of total sales volume in 3Q11;
- CSN is a highly liquid company, with a cash position of R$15.6 billion.
The full 3Q11 Earnings Release is available on CSN's IR website at www.csn.com.br/ir.
CSN will be hosting conference calls about its 3Q11 Earnings FRIDAY, October 28, 2011 , at 10:00 a.m. US ET in English and 8:00 a.m. US ET in Portuguese. Connection details may be obtained on the Company's IR website.
Investor Relations David Salama Investor Relations Executive OfficerPhone: +55 11 3049-7588 firstname.lastname@example.orgSOURCE CSN - Companhia Siderugica Nacional
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV