Great Basin Gold Ltd. (GBG): Today's Featured Metals & Mining Loser
The metals & mining industry closed the day up 5.5%. Ossen Innovation (OSN), Agnico-Eagle Mines (AEM), Kingold Jewelry Inc (KGJI), and Anooraq Resources Corporation (ANO) were all decliners today within the metals & mining industry with Great Basin Gold (GBG) being today's featured metals & mining loser. Great Basin Gold fell 5 cents (-3.3%) to $1.49 on heavy volume. Throughout the day, 5.2 million shares of Great Basin Gold exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 2.9 million shares. Great Basin Gold Ltd. engages in the acquisition, exploration, and development of precious metal deposits. It explores for gold, silver, and aggregate. Great Basin Gold has a market cap of $706.7 million and is part of the basic materials sector. Shares are down 48% year to date as of the close of trading on Wednesday. TheStreet Ratings rates Great Basin as a hold. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its robust revenue growth, good cash flow from operations and expanding profit margins. However, as a counter to these strengths, we also find weaknesses including a generally disappointing performance in the stock itself and generally poor debt management.
- You can view the full Great Basin Ratings Report.
- Use our metals & mining section to find industry-relevant news.
- Or find some new ideas from our top rated stocks lists.
- Find other investment ideas from our top rated ETFs lists.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV