The chemicals industry closed the day up 6%. Flexible Solutions International Inc (FSI), Penford Corporation (PENX), and Valhi Incorporated (VHI) were all decliners today within the chemicals industry with China Green Agriculture Inc (CGA) being today's featured chemicals loser. China Green Agriculture Inc fell 40 cents (-8.5%) to $4.30 on heavy volume. Throughout the day, 748,881 shares of China Green Agriculture Inc exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 127,300 shares. China Green Agriculture, Inc., through its subsidiaries, engages in the research, development, production, and sale of various types of fertilizers and agricultural products in the People's Republic of China. China Green Agriculture Inc has a market cap of $121.9 million and is part of the basic materials sector. The company has a P/E ratio of 3.6, equal to the average chemicals industry P/E ratio and below the S&P 500 P/E ratio of 17.7. Shares are down 47.8% year to date as of the close of trading on Wednesday. TheStreet Ratings rates China Green Agriculture as a hold. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its robust revenue growth, largely solid financial position with reasonable debt levels by most measures and impressive record of earnings per share growth. However, as a counter to these strengths, we find that the stock has had a generally disappointing performance in the past year.
- You can view the full China Green Agriculture Ratings Report.
- Use our chemicals section to find industry-relevant news.
- Or find some new ideas from our top rated stocks lists.
- Find other investment ideas from our top rated ETFs lists.
Latest Headlines about CGA
Latest from TheStreet Wire
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV