AMD conference call comments and updated share price have been added to this story.
The no. 2 chip maker earned $97 million, or 13 cents a share, in the latest quarter, up from a year-ago equivalent loss of $118 million, or 17 cents a share.
On a non-GAAP basis, AMD earned $110 million, or 15 cents a share, in the September-ended quarter. Analysts surveyed by Thomson Reuters were looking for earnings of 10 cents a share.
|AMD reports its third-quarter results after market close.|
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV