In the news release, Weis Markets Approves Increased Quarterly Dividend of $.30 Per Share and Special One-Time Dividend of $1 Per Share, issued 27-Oct-2011 by Weis Markets, Inc. over PR Newswire, we are advised by the company that the shareholder record date should be November 7, 2011 rather than November 1, 2011 as originally issued inadvertently. The complete, corrected release follows:
Weis Markets Approves Increased Quarterly Dividend of $.30 Per Share and Special One-Time Dividend of $1 Per Share
SUNBURY, Pa., Oct. 27, 2011 /PRNewswire/ -- Weis Markets, Inc.'s (NYSE: WMK) Board of Directors today declared a quarterly dividend of $.30 per share and a special one-time dividend of $1 per share to shareholders of record as of November 7, 2011, payable on November 21, 2011.
Commenting on the increased quarterly and special dividend, Weis Markets Chairman Robert F. Weis said the Company was taking steps to reward shareholders. At the same time, he said the Company continues to grow organically and through acquisitions. Currently, the Company is approximately three-quarters through its aggressive $100 million 2011 capital expansion plan.
ABOUT WEIS MARKETSFounded in 1912, Weis Markets currently operates 161 stores in Pennsylvania, Maryland, New York, New Jersey and West Virginia. For more information on Weis Markets, please visit: www.weismarkets.com or go to www.facebook.com/WeisSuperMarket. SOURCE Weis Markets, Inc.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV