InfoSpace Announces Third Quarter 2011 Results
InfoSpace, Inc. (NASDAQ: INSP) today announced financial results for the third quarter ended September 30, 2011.
“InfoSpace had a great third quarter,” said Bill Ruckelshaus, President and Chief Executive Officer of InfoSpace. “We continue to execute on our business goals while also generating consistent cash flow from operations. We are pleased with revenue growth, both when compared to the prior quarter and the prior year. Additionally, we remain focused on acquisition opportunities to enhance long-term value for InfoSpace shareholders.”
- Revenues for the third quarter of 2011 were $56.3 million, compared to revenues of $50.5 million for the third quarter of 2010.
- Net income for the third quarter of 2011 was $2.7 million, or $0.07 per diluted share, compared to net loss of $0.1 million, or $0.00 per share, for the third quarter of 2010.
- Adjusted EBITDA, as defined below, was $8.5 million for the third quarter of 2011, compared to $6.6 million for the third quarter of 2010.
- Non-GAAP net income, as defined below, which excludes non-cash income taxes, was $3.8 million, or $0.10 per diluted share for the third quarter of 2011 compared to $1.7 million, or $0.05 per diluted share, for the third quarter of 2010.
- Cash, cash equivalents, and marketable securities as of September 30, 2011 totaled $279.3 million. At the end of the quarter, the Company had no debt obligations.
Fourth Quarter Outlook
For the fourth quarter of 2011, the Company expects revenues to be between $58 million and $61 million, Adjusted EBITDA to be between $7.5 million and $8.5 million, and net income to be between $3.5 million and $4.5 million, or $0.09 to $0.11 per diluted share.Other Developments The Company has been informed by its independent registered public accounting firm, Deloitte & Touche LLP, that the Public Company Accounting Oversight Board (“PCAOB”) conducted an inspection of the audit that Deloitte & Touche LLP performed relating to the Company’s financial statements as of and for the year ended December 31, 2010. Deloitte & Touche has also informed the Company that in connection with this inspection the PCAOB has raised certain questions regarding the Company’s accounting treatment of goodwill of $12.7 million relating to its acquisition of Make the Web Better in the second quarter of 2010. As a result, the Company is currently evaluating these questions and considering whether any change to the Company’s accounting for this transaction would be necessary. If the Company were to determine that a change in the accounting for this transaction is necessary, the Company expects to be required to restate its financial statements for the second quarter of 2010 and all subsequent periods, including its audited financial statements for the year ended December 31, 2010. Any change in the accounting would likely result in a non-cash charge, and the resulting restatement would not affect the Company’s previously reported revenue or Adjusted EBITDA. The Company believes that any such restatement would primarily impact 2010, and that it would not have a material effect on the quarter ended September 30, 2011.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV