On Assignment, Inc. (NASDAQ: ASGN), a leading global provider of diversified professional staffing solutions, today reported results for the quarter ended September 30, 2011.
Third Quarter 2011 Highlights
- Revenues for the third quarter of 2011 were $162.4 million, up 40% year-over-year and 13% sequentially.
- Gross Margin was 33.6%.
- Adjusted EBITDA (a non-GAAP measurement defined below) for the quarter was $18.2 million, up 55% year-over-year.
- Adjusted EBITDA margin (Adjusted EBITDA as a % of revenues) for the quarter was 11.2% compared with 10.1% in the third quarter of 2010.
- Net Income was $7.8 million, or $0.21 per diluted share for the quarter compared with $3.2 million, or $0.09 per diluted share, in the third quarter of 2010.
- During the third quarter and through October 26, 2011, the Company repurchased under its stock buyback program approximately 325,000 shares at an average price of $6.87 per share.
Peter Dameris, President and Chief Executive Officer of On Assignment, Inc., said, “We are very pleased that, for the first time since Q3 of 2007, all of our operating segments reported for the quarter both sequential and year-over-year revenue growth, with each segment contributing double-digit revenue increases as compared with the third quarter of 2010. While the economic environment remains difficult, our client diversification and focus on highly-skilled positions have served us well and permitted us to report record quarterly revenues.”
Commenting on the results for the third quarter, Dameris continued, “During the quarter, revenues at our IT & Engineering segment grew 48% year-over-year and Life Sciences segments grew 39%. Revenues in our Healthcare segment, which resumed growth in the first quarter after over two years of decline, grew 36% year-over-year and revenues in our Physician Staffing segment, which includes two months of contribution from the acquisition of HealthCare Partners, grew 24%.”
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV