Crocs, Inc. (NASDAQ: CROX) today reported financial results for the third quarter ended September 30, 2011.
Revenue for the third quarter of 2011 increased 27.5% to $274.9 million compared to revenue of $215.6 million in the third quarter of 2010. Net income for the third quarter of 2011 increased 20.8% to $30.2 million, or $0.33 per diluted share compared to net income of $25.0 million, or $0.28 per diluted share in the third quarter 2010 which included a one-time tax benefit of $3.0 million, or $0.03 per diluted share.
John McCarvel, President and Chief Executive Officer, stated: “We continued to experience strong global demand versus the prior year period, particularly in Asia. The performance of our spring / summer 2011 product line and the composition of our backlog at September 30, 2011 underscores the progress we have made diversifying Crocs beyond its clog origins. We still remain confident that our long-term brand and growing selection of sneakers, casual shoes, and boots have the ability to penetrate the cold weather selling season in each of our geographic regions. While these are competitive categories with established leaders, we believe we can continue to capture market share and further reduce the seasonality of our business over the long-term.”
Year-over year third quarter changes in the Company’s channel revenue streams were as follows:
- Wholesale sales increased 24.3% to $154.0 million;
- Retail sales increased 31.4% to $95.3 million; and
- Internet sales increased 33.7% to $25.6 million.
Year-over year third quarter changes in the Company’s regional revenue streams were as follows:
- Asia increased 40.6% to $111.2 million;
- Americas increased 18.0% to $122.7 million; and
- Europe increased 25.9% to $41.0 million.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV