6. Marathon Oil Corporation is an integrated international energy company operating in three segments: Exploration and production, oil sands mining, and integrated gas.
For second-quarter 2011, adjusted income from continuing operations was $689 million, vs. $440 million in the same quarter the prior year. Total segment income was $713 million compared to $396 million from continuing operations in the same quarter of 2010.
Marathon completed the spin-off of its downstream business during 2011 second quarter and acquired assets worth $3.5 billion in the Eagle Ford shale in Texas."Going forward, we are confident that we have the foundation in place to deliver 5% to 7% compound average production growth during the period 2010-2016. This strong growth profile is underpinned by our pending top-five acreage position in the core, liquids-rich area of the Eagle Ford, as well as solid positions across the Bakken, Anadarko Woodford and Niobrara liquids-rich resource plays," said Clarence P. Cazalot Jr., Marathon Oil's chairman, president and CEO. With analysts' buy ratings of 63% and upside potential of 29%, the stock looks a good bet over the next year. It is trading at 7.1 times its estimated 2011 earnings.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV