6. Marathon Oil Corporation is an integrated international energy company operating in three segments: Exploration and production, oil sands mining, and integrated gas.
For second-quarter 2011, adjusted income from continuing operations was $689 million, vs. $440 million in the same quarter the prior year. Total segment income was $713 million compared to $396 million from continuing operations in the same quarter of 2010.
Marathon completed the spin-off of its downstream business during 2011 second quarter and acquired assets worth $3.5 billion in the Eagle Ford shale in Texas."Going forward, we are confident that we have the foundation in place to deliver 5% to 7% compound average production growth during the period 2010-2016. This strong growth profile is underpinned by our pending top-five acreage position in the core, liquids-rich area of the Eagle Ford, as well as solid positions across the Bakken, Anadarko Woodford and Niobrara liquids-rich resource plays," said Clarence P. Cazalot Jr., Marathon Oil's chairman, president and CEO. With analysts' buy ratings of 63% and upside potential of 29%, the stock looks a good bet over the next year. It is trading at 7.1 times its estimated 2011 earnings.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV