NEW YORK (TheStreet) -- Contango Oil & Gas Company (AMEX:MCF) hit a new 52-week high Thursday as it is currently trading at $67.36, above its previous 52-week high of $67.25 with 81,290 shares traded as of 1:14 p.m. ET. Average volume has been 135,500 shares over the past 30 days. Contango Oil & Gas has a market cap of $951.7 million and is part of the basic materials sector and energy industry. Shares are up 9.9% year to date as of the close of trading on Wednesday. Contango Oil & Gas Company, an independent natural gas and oil company, explores, develops, produces, and acquires natural gas and oil properties primarily offshore in the Gulf of Mexico. The company was founded in 1986 and is based in Houston, Texas. The company has a P/E ratio of 15.3, above the average energy industry P/E ratio of 15 and below the S&P 500 P/E ratio of 17.7.
- Practice your MCF trading strategies and win cash in our stock game.
Latest Headlines about MCF
Latest from TheStreet Wire
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV