LISC Launches Four New Financial Opportunity Centers For Struggling San Diego Families At Oct. 28 Event
Centers offer proven package of financial literacy, employment services to help low-income residents stabilize their economic outlook
SAN DIEGO, Oct. 27, 2011 /PRNewswire-USNewswire/ --
What: The Local Initiatives Support Corporation (LISC) is expanding its national network of Financial Opportunity Centers to help low-income San Diego residents build their net worth and net income through an integrated package services that includes financial counseling and long-term coaching, employment training and placement, and public benefits support.
Four new local Centers are expected to serve 1,000 San Diego families thanks to a grant from the federal Social Innovation Fund and private funding from Citi Foundation, Bank of America, Walmart, San Diego Gas & Electric, and United Way of San Diego County.When: October 28, 2011 11:30-1 p.m., including presentations and Center tour Where: Home Start Financial Opportunity Center 404 Euclid Avenue, San Diego 92114 (located inside the Jacobs Center for Neighborhood Innovation) The new Home Start Financial Opportunity Center will be open for tours during the event. The other new Centers include:
- International Rescue Committee Financial Opportunity Center, focused on serving newly arrived refugees and other low-income residents in the City Heights neighborhood;
- North County Lifeline Financial Opportunity Center, a partnership with Community HousingWorks for a new Center operated from the Crown Heights Community Resource Center in Oceanside; and
- San Diego Housing Commission Financial Opportunity Center, which will be part of the Commission's centrally located Achievement Academy and serve low-income residents from across the city.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV