YEHUD, Israel, October 27, 2011 /PRNewswire/ --
Magal Security Systems Ltd. (NASDAQ GMS: MAGS; TASE: MAGS) today announced that it has received an approximately US$2.7 million contract to supply and install a multi-layer Perimeter Intrusion Detection Systems (PIDS) in a new high security prison in Latin America. The project handover is due before year end.
The project includes a turn-key installation of many of Magal's core products and technologies: MagBar - a tailor made physical smart barrier, a fence mounted fiber optic detection system and volumetric virtual fences including buried cable and microwave systems. Various third party CCTV and sensors complement the multi-layered protection system. The full solution is integrated by Magal S 3 Security Management System (SMS).
"This project represents the full spectrum of Magal's capabilities, in which we deliver a fully integrated turnkey solution, including the supporting infrastructure, based on many of our in-house products, to protect a high profile compound," commented Eitan Livneh, President and CEO of Magal S 3. "We have developed trusted relationships with many customers throughout the Latin America region, based on the successful delivery of solutions and turnkey projects. This contract is another testament to our experience and credibility in the region."About Magal S 3 Magal S 3 is a leading international provider of security, safety and site management solutions and products (NASDAQ: MAGS). Over the past 40 years, Magal S 3 has delivered tailor-made solutions to hundreds of satisfied customers in over 80 countries. Magal S 3 offers a broad portfolio of unique products used to protect sensitive installations in some of the world's most demanding locations and harshest climates. This portfolio covers the following three categories:
- Perimeter Intrusion Detection Systems (PIDS) - a variety of smart barriers and fences, fence mounted detectors, virtual gates, buried and concealed detection systems
- Close Circuit TV (CCTV) - a comprehensive management platform with a leading Intelligent Video Analysis (IVA) and Video Motion Detection (VMD) engine
- Physical Security Information Management (PSIM) - an open site management system that enhances command, control and decision making during both routine operations and crisis situations
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts