- Gain on derivatives for 3Q11 was $92.3 million ($91.1 million non-cash mark-to-market gain and a $1.2 million realized gain on settled contracts) versus a loss in 3Q10 of $4 million ($8 million non-cash mark-to-market loss and a $4 million realized gain on settled contracts). See accompanying tables for additional information about the Company’s accounting for derivatives.
- Oil and gas sales increased $17.8 million in 3Q11 versus 3Q10. Price variances accounted for an $18.3 million increase, offset in part by a $500,000 decrease due to production variances. Average realized oil prices were $89.36 per barrel in 3Q11 versus $73.18 per barrel in 3Q10, and average realized gas prices were $5.46 per Mcf in 3Q11 versus $4.56 per Mcf in 3Q10.
- Oil production increased 3% in 3Q11 versus 3Q10 while gas production declined 13%. Oil and gas production per barrel of oil equivalent (“BOE”) decreased 4% in 3Q11 as compared to 3Q10. Oil production increased to 945,000 barrels, or 10,272 barrels per day, as compared to 915,000 barrels, or 9,946 barrels per day, while gas production declined to 2.2 Bcf, or 23,859 Mcf per day as compared to 2.5 Bcf or 27,500 Mcf per day for 3Q10. The increase in oil production and the decline in gas production are indicative of the Company’s current emphasis on the development of oil reserves in the Permian Basin.
- Production costs increased 18% from $20.5 million in 3Q10 to $24.3 million in 3Q11 due to a combination of more producing wells, rising costs of field services and increased production taxes on higher oil and gas sales.
- Interest expense increased to $8.7 million in 3Q11 compared to $6 million in 3Q10 due in part to the increase in the total aggregate principal amount of the Company’s Senior Notes.
- G&A expenses were $7.1 million in 3Q11 versus $8.7 million in 3Q10. Non-cash employee compensation expense from incentive compensation plans accounted for $1.1 million in 3Q11 versus $3 million in 3Q10. Excluding non-cash employee compensation expense, G&A expenses increased 4% in 3Q11 compared to 3Q10.
- Non-cash impairments of property and equipment were $5 million in 3Q11 versus $794,000 in 3Q10. The 3Q11 impairment related to certain non-core oil and gas properties.
Clayton Williams Energy Announces Third Quarter 2011 Financial Results
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts
Every recommendation goes through 3 layers of intense scrutinyquantitative, fundamental and technical analysisto maximize profit potential and minimize risk.
More than 30 investing pros with skin in the game give you actionable insight and investment ideas.