- The Bank remained well capitalized in the third quarter of 2011, with a Tier 1 (core) capital ratio of 6.22% and a Total risk-based capital ratio of 11.08% at September 30, 2011.
- Non-performing assets at September 30, 2011, increased to $51.3 million from $47.0 million on a linked-quarter basis at June 30, 2011, and compared with $30.2 million at September 30, 2010.
- Annualized net charge-offs to average loans increased slightly to 1.99% for the third quarter of 2011 from 1.95% for the second quarter of 2011; annualized net charge-offs were 1.54% in the year-earlier third quarter.
- The Company sold $85.0 million of mortgage-backed securities to lock-in net gains of approximately $2.5 million on securities susceptible to a high risk of prepayment following a steep decline in mortgage rates.
- Total assets were $792.4 million at September 30, 2011, compared with $892.6 million at September 30, 2010, as the Company has continued to manage its asset size within its overall capital management strategy.
Atlantic Coast Financial Corporation Reports Third Quarter 2011 Results
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts
More than 30 investing pros with skin in the game give you actionable insight and investment ideas.