Analysts polled by Thomson Reuters expected earnings of $1.03 a share on revenue of $21.53 billion.
Organic sales rose 4% on higher volume and pricing, the company said.
P&G, in a statement Thursday, said it held or increased market share in three of five regions, 11 of its top 15 countries, four of six reporting segments and on 15 of its 24 billion-dollar brands.P&G said net sales and organic sales are expected to increase 3% to 6% in fiscal 2012. Earnings from continuing operations and core earnings are expected to be in the range of $4.17 to $4.33 a share, up 6% to 10% vs. a base period Core EPS of $3.95. Analysts expect fiscal-year earnings of $4.20 a share on revenue of $87.12 billion. P&G said it expects net sales growth in the second quarter of 3% to 5%, the company said. Per-share earnings and Core EPS are expected in the range of $1.05 to $1.11, down 7% to down 2% versus a base period Core EPS of $1.13. -- Written by Joseph Woelfel
>To contact the writer of this article, click here: Joseph Woelfel >To submit a news tip, send an email to: email@example.com.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV