GrafTech International Ltd. (NYSE:GTI) today announced financial results for the third quarter ended September 30, 2011.
2011 Third Quarter Highlights
- Net sales increased 35 percent to $346 million from $255 million in the third quarter of 2010.
- EBITDA* improved 47 percent to $78 million versus $53 million in the third quarter of 2010. The improvement was driven by increased volumes in our graphite electrode and needle coke businesses.
- Net income increased 55 percent to $40 million, or $0.28 per diluted share, as compared to $26 million, or $0.21 per diluted share, in the third quarter of 2010. Excluding the impact of purchase price accounting in the current quarter and acquisition-related expenses incurred in the third quarter of 2010, net income was $46 million versus $30 million, respectively. Third quarter 2010 net income was negatively impacted by $10 million in non-cash currency losses related to the remeasurement of intercompany loans.
- Net cash provided by operating activities improved $7 million, or 18 percent, to $47 million, versus $40 million in the third quarter of 2010. The increase was largely driven by improved operational profitability.
- Net debt* was $365 million at the end of the third quarter 2011, versus net debt of $375 million at the end of the second quarter 2011. Improvements in free cash flow allowed us to pay down debt in the third quarter of 2011.
- The integration of Seadrift Coke, St. Marys and Micron Research is now complete. EBITDA contributions from these acquisitions are on track to meet our original target of $90 million.
- GrafTech successfully concluded the refinancing of its principal revolving credit facility. The new five-year, $570 million revolver represents a $310 million increase over the prior facility and extends the maturity date to October 2016 with improvements to rates, terms and conditions. The facility will be used to fund traditional working capital requirements and provide a stronger platform for growth, organically and through acquisitions.
GrafTech Chief Executive Officer Craig Shular commented, “We have successfully increased our borrowing capacity at very favorable rates which provides us with improved financial flexibility and positions us well for future internal and external growth opportunities.”
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
24/7 market commentary from Jim Cramer and 20+ veteran Wall Street gurus. Get access to the latest trading ideas on stocks, options, and ETFs as well as a real-time forum to see the pros exchanging their investment ideas.
- Jim Cramer + 20 Wall Street pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Real-time trading forum
- Actionable trade ideas
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV