For the third quarter of 2011, Curis reported a net loss of $4.2 million, or ($0.05) per share, as compared to a net loss of $1.5 million or ($0.02) per share for the same period in 2010.
Revenues for the third quarter of 2011 were $100,000, as compared to $3.2 million for the same period in 2010. This decrease is primarily the result of $3.0 million in license fee revenue that was recorded during the third quarter of 2010 as a result of a milestone payment that Curis received from Debiopharm in such quarter.
Operating expenses were $5.0 million for the third quarter of each of 2011 and 2010.
- Research and development spending was $3.0 million for the third quarter of each of 2011 and 2010. While spending was unchanged from the prior year period, spending related to CUDC-907, which was named a development candidate in January 2011, increased as a result of the commitment of increased resources to advance CUDC-907 through IND enabling studies and toward an IND filing. Spending related to the Phase I expansion trial for CUDC-101 decreased as this study neared its conclusion. This decrease was offset by increased spending related to the initiation of a Phase I trial of CUDC-101 in combination with cisplatin and radiation in HPV- locally advanced head and neck cancer patients as well as the Company’s preclinical development work on an oral formulation of CUDC-101. An increase in the overall investment in CUDC-101 and CUDC-907, particularly in terms of Curis employee costs allocated to these programs, resulted in a decrease in spending on Curis’ research-stage programs.
- General and administrative spending was $1.9 million for the third quarter of 2011 as compared to $2.0 million for the same period in 2010, a decrease of $100,000, or 5%. This decrease was primarily due to decreased consulting and professional fees.
Other income was $600,000 for the third quarter of 2011 compared to $250,000 for the same period in 2010, an increase of $350,000, or 140%. Other income primarily represents the decrease in the fair value of the warrant liability incurred in connection with Curis’ January 2010 registered direct offering.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV