Universal American Corp. (NYSE: UAM) today announced financial results for the quarter ended September 30, 2011.
Third Quarter 2011 Highlights
- Net income was $14.1 million, or $0.17 per share.
- Revenues were $581.9 million.
- The Company was released from marketing and enrollment sanctions on August 5, 2011 and began accepting enrollment of Medicare Advantage beneficiaries on September 1, 2011.
Third Quarter 2011
Universal American’s reported net income was $14.1 million, or $0.17 per share which includes the following:
- $2.2 million, or $0.03 per share, from a non-recurring tax benefit;
- $0.3 million, or less than $0.01 per share, of after-tax net realized investment gains;
- Excluding the items above, $11.6 million, or $0.14 per share, of after-tax income for the third quarter of 2011.
- $41.9 million or $0.52 per share, of after-tax loss from discontinued operations (including transaction costs) related to our previously-owned Medicare Part D business that was sold on April 29, 2011;
- $3.0 million, or $0.04 per share, from a non-recurring tax benefit;
- $1.6 million, or $0.02 per share, of after-tax net realized investment gains;
- $5.6 million, or $0.07 per share, of non-recurring after-tax expenses related to the accelerated vesting of options and restricted stock as part of the Part D sale;
- Excluding the items above, $19.9 million, or $0.24 per share, of after-tax income for the first nine months of 2011.
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts