Universal American Corp. (NYSE: UAM) today announced financial results for the quarter ended September 30, 2011.
Third Quarter 2011 Highlights
- Net income was $14.1 million, or $0.17 per share.
- Revenues were $581.9 million.
- The Company was released from marketing and enrollment sanctions on August 5, 2011 and began accepting enrollment of Medicare Advantage beneficiaries on September 1, 2011.
Third Quarter 2011
Universal American’s reported net income was $14.1 million, or $0.17 per share which includes the following:
- $2.2 million, or $0.03 per share, from a non-recurring tax benefit;
- $0.3 million, or less than $0.01 per share, of after-tax net realized investment gains;
- Excluding the items above, $11.6 million, or $0.14 per share, of after-tax income for the third quarter of 2011.
- $41.9 million or $0.52 per share, of after-tax loss from discontinued operations (including transaction costs) related to our previously-owned Medicare Part D business that was sold on April 29, 2011;
- $3.0 million, or $0.04 per share, from a non-recurring tax benefit;
- $1.6 million, or $0.02 per share, of after-tax net realized investment gains;
- $5.6 million, or $0.07 per share, of non-recurring after-tax expenses related to the accelerated vesting of options and restricted stock as part of the Part D sale;
- Excluding the items above, $19.9 million, or $0.24 per share, of after-tax income for the first nine months of 2011.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV