YPF Sociedad Anonima (YPF): Today's Featured Basic Materials Loser
The basic materials sector closed the day up 2.6%. Extorre Gold Mines (XG), Quaterra Resources Inc (QMM), China Gerui Advanced Materials Group (CHOP), and HKN Inc (HKN) were all decliners today within the basic materials sector with YPF Sociedad Anonima (YPF) being today's featured basic materials loser. YPF Sociedad Anonima fell $1.58 (-4.3%) to $35.21 on average volume. Throughout the day, 414,549 shares of YPF Sociedad Anonima exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 414,100 shares. YPF SOCIEDAD ANONIMA, an energy company, engages in the exploration, development, and production of crude oil, natural gas, and liquefied petroleum gas (LPG) in Argentina. YPF Sociedad Anonima has a market cap of $14.7 billion and is part of the energy industry. The company has a P/E ratio of 10.1, below the average energy industry P/E ratio of 20.9 and below the S&P 500 P/E ratio of 17.7. Shares are down 27% year to date as of the close of trading on Tuesday. TheStreet Ratings rates YPF Sociedad Anonima as a hold. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its robust revenue growth, reasonable valuation levels and notable return on equity. However, as a counter to these strengths, we also find weaknesses including deteriorating net income, poor profit margins and weak operating cash flow.
- You can view the full YPF Sociedad Anonima Ratings Report.
- Use our basic materials section to find sector-relevant news.
- Or find some new ideas from our top rated stocks lists.
- Find other investment ideas from our top rated ETFs lists.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV