The materials & construction industry closed the day up 1.9%. US Concrete Inc (USCR), Continental Materials Corporation (CUO), Real Goods Solar Inc (RSOL), and Jewett-Cameron Trading Company (JCTCF) were all decliners today within the materials & construction industry with Progressive Waste Solutions (BIN) being today's featured materials & construction loser. Progressive Waste Solutions fell $1.48 (-6.4%) to $21.52 on heavy volume. Throughout the day, 1.2 million shares of Progressive Waste Solutions exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 472,500 shares. Progressive Waste Solutions Ltd. operates as a vertically integrated waste management company in North America. The company provides non-hazardous solid waste collection and landfill disposal services to commercial, industrial, municipal, and residential customers. Progressive Waste Solutions has a market cap of $2.8 billion and is part of the industrial goods sector. The company has a P/E ratio of 26.6, below the average materials & construction industry P/E ratio of 26.9 and above the S&P 500 P/E ratio of 17.7. Shares are down 5.3% year to date as of the close of trading on Tuesday. TheStreet Ratings rates Progressive Waste as a hold. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its robust revenue growth, compelling growth in net income and reasonable valuation levels. However, as a counter to these strengths, we also find weaknesses including disappointing return on equity and a generally disappointing performance in the stock itself.
- You can view the full Progressive Waste Ratings Report.
- Use our materials & construction section to find industry-relevant news.
- Or find some new ideas from our top rated stocks lists.
- Find other investment ideas from our top rated ETFs lists.
Latest Headlines about BIN
Latest from TheStreet Wire
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV