AptarGroup, Inc. (NYSE:ATR) today reported record third quarter results and announced an acquisition and new facility in India.
Third Quarter 2011 Summary
- Reported sales rose 16% to a third quarter record of $601 million
- Sales before currency effects grew 10%
- All three segments continued strong core sales growth
- Beauty + Home and Food + Beverage segment income margins were pressured
- Reported diluted earnings per share increased 6% to a third quarter record of $.72
- Presence in India expanding with post-quarter acquisition and new Pharma facility construction
THIRD QUARTER RESULTS
Reported sales increased 16% to $601.2 million from $517.5 million a year ago. Changes in foreign currency exchange rates contributed 6%.
|Third Quarter Segment Sales Analysis|
|(Change Over Prior Year)|
|Beauty + Home||Pharma||Food + Beverage||AptarGroup|
|Product Sales (including tooling)||6%||15%||21%||10%|
|Total Reported Growth||12%||25%||25%||16%|