TAL International Group, Inc. (NYSE: TAL), one of the world’s largest lessors of intermodal freight containers and chassis, today reported results for the third quarter ended September 30, 2011.
- TAL reported Adjusted pre-tax income of $1.56 per fully diluted share for the third quarter of 2011, an increase of approximately 2% from the second quarter of 2011 and an increase of nearly 70% from the third quarter of 2010. TAL focuses on its adjusted pre-tax results since it does not currently pay any material cash taxes and does not expect that it will for the next several years.
- TAL reported leasing revenues of $120.9 million for the third quarter of 2011, an increase of 13.5% from the second quarter of 2011 and an increase of 41.1% from the third quarter of 2010.
- TAL has continued to invest heavily in equipment during 2011. As of October 26, 2011, TAL has invested over $750 million in new container purchases or sale-leaseback transactions. Approximately 85% of this equipment (together with TAL’s beginning inventory of uncommitted factory units as of January 1, 2011) is either on-hire or committed to lease transactions.
- TAL announced a quarterly dividend of $0.52 per share payable on December 22, 2011 to shareholders of record as of December 1, 2011.
Adjusted pre-tax income (1), excluding gains and losses on interest rate swaps and the write-off of deferred financing costs, was $52.3 million in the third quarter of 2011, compared to $51.0 million in the second quarter of 2011 and $28.6 million in the third quarter of 2010. Adjusted pre-tax income per fully diluted common share was $1.56 in the third quarter of 2011 versus $1.53 in the second quarter of 2011, and $0.93 in the third quarter of 2010. The Company focuses on adjusted pre-tax results since it considers gains and losses on interest rate swaps and the write-off of deferred financing costs to be unrelated to operating performance and since it does not expect to pay any significant income taxes for a number of years due to the availability of accelerated tax depreciation on its existing container fleet and planned future equipment purchases.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV