Our profits for the third quarter validate the restructuring actions we have taken over the last several months and demonstrate our ability to drive significant leverage to the bottom line. The third quarter also illustrates the power and the strength of our diversified growth strategy in action, as we saw vibrant growth offset softness in other markets.
As a data point, in the third quarter, 63% of our business was either B2B (business to business) or B2C (business to consumer) with the remaining third being business to government or B2G related. This is a major shift from just 3 years ago when only 12% of our business was B2B or B2C and sales were dominated by government vehicles, i.e. about 88%. It is amazing how we have changed in this area over the past two year. And honestly, that foresight has provided not just direction with opportunity but is evolving as to how we operate. Given the significant challenges in federal and defense spending, state municipal budgets, we had the foresight to change the way also how we approach our markets and we worked diligently over the past 2 to 3 years to broaden our revenue base.
The acquisition of Utilimaster, which serves the delivery and service market is benefitting from how society operates a shift, Internet shopping, increased home deliveries. Our market which is driven by fleet operators and business customers, which includes demand cycles, which typically improve before the ER and RV related markets and/or defense.
Our alliance with Isuzu as well is also a great example of our diversification strategy. As we leveraged our expertise in assembly to assist Isuzu in reintroducing the popular N-Series gas product line in an incredibly short time period, less than 12 months and I will talk a little bit more about that later on.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV