Accounting for FDIC-Assisted Loans
The Company performs ongoing assessments of the estimated cash flows of its acquired FDIC-assisted loan portfolios. The fair value of the FDIC-assisted loan portfolios consist of $116.2 million in covered and $24.7 million in non-covered loans as of September 30, 2011, compared with $60.4 million in covered and $24.2 million in non-covered loans as of June 30, 2011. The principal balance of the FDIC-assisted loan portfolios consist of $248.6 million as of September 30, 2011, compared with $156.0 million as of June 30, 2011. The details of the accounting for the FDIC-assisted loan portfolios for the third quarter of 2011 are as follows:
- Covered loans acquired in FDIC-assisted acquisitions increased $55.8 million to $116.2 million;
- Non-covered loans acquired in FDIC-assisted acquisitions increased $500,000 to $24.7 million;
- The FDIC loss-share receivable associated with covered loans acquired in FDIC-assisted acquisitions increased $29.6 million to $87.8 million;
- The accretion for the FDIC loss-share receivable was $448,000;
- The non-accretable discount increased $31.5 million to $98.8 million; and
- The accretable discount increased $4.7 million to $8.8 million.
At September 30, 2011, covered and non-covered loans acquired in FDIC-assisted acquisitions increased to $116.2 million and $24.7 million, respectively, on a linked-quarter basis from $60.7 million and $24.2 million, respectively, driven primarily by the First Southern acquisition, partially offset by a combination of net charge-offs and principal reductions. The net charge-offs for both the covered and non-covered loans were fully provided for by the associated loan discounts and expected reimbursement from the FDIC and did not affect the Company's loan loss reserve. The FDIC loss-share receivable associated with covered FDIC-assisted loans increased $31.5 million from $58.2 million in the prior quarter to $87.8 million, primarily driven by the First Southern acquisition, while $1.6 million was submitted in the third quarter to the FDIC for reimbursement.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV