Heritage Financial Group, Inc. (NASDAQ: HBOS), the holding company for HeritageBank of the South, today announced unaudited financial results for the quarter ended September 30, 2011. Key aspects of the Company's results for the third quarter of 2011 include:
- Net income of $1.7 million or $0.21 per diluted share compared with a net loss of $443,000 or $0.05 per diluted share in the year-earlier quarter;
- Excluding special items in the current and year-earlier quarter, net income for the third quarter was $568,000 or $0.07 per diluted share versus net income of $448,000 or $0.05 per diluted share in the third quarter of 2010 (see reconciliation of non-GAAP items);
- Organic loan growth, excluding loans acquired in FDIC-assisted acquisitions, of $3.9 million or 1% on a linked-quarter basis;
- Loans acquired through FDIC-assisted acquisitions increased $56.3 million or 10% on a linked-quarter basis, driven primarily by the First Southern National Bank (First Southern) FDIC-assisted acquisition;
- Core non-time deposit growth of $19.4 million, excluding deposits associated with the First Southern acquisition;
- An increase in the allowance for loan losses to 1.65% of period-end loans, excluding loans acquired in FDIC-assisted acquisitions, from 1.58% of loans, excluding loans acquired in FDIC-assisted acquisitions, at June 30, 2011;
- An increase in annualized net charge-offs to 0.73% for the third quarter of 2011 from 0.26% on a linked-quarter basis; and
- A decline in non-performing assets (NPAs), excluding loans acquired in FDIC-assisted acquisitions, to 0.89% from 1.17% on a linked-quarter basis.
Commenting on the results, Leonard Dorminey, President and Chief Executive Officer, said, "During the third quarter of 2011, we continued our expansion efforts with our third FDIC-assisted transaction. The First Southern acquisition moves us to number three in market share in Statesboro, further improving our foothold in Southeast Georgia and continuing our successful capital deployment. We continue to look for further opportunities for strategic expansion.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV