NEW YORK (TheStreet) -- The ex-dividend date for Northwest Natural Gas (NYSE:NWN) is tomorrow, October 27, 2011. Owners of shares as of market close today will be eligible for a dividend of 45 cents per share. At a price of $46.13 as of 9:30 a.m. ET, the dividend yield is 3.8%. The average volume for Northwest Natural Gas has been 149,700 shares per day over the past 30 days. Northwest Natural Gas has a market cap of $1.2 billion and is part of the utilities sector and utilities industry. Shares are down 1.7% year to date as of the close of trading on Tuesday. Northwest Natural Gas Company stores and distributes natural gas primarily in Oregon, Washington, and California. The company operates in two segments, Local Gas Distribution and Gas Storage. The Local Gas Distribution segment distributes natural gas in Oregon and southwest Washington. The company has a P/E ratio of 19.1, equal to the average utilities industry P/E ratio and above the S&P 500 P/E ratio of 17.7.
- Practice your dividend trading strategies and win cash in our stock game.
Latest Headlines about NWN
Latest from TheStreet Wire
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV