RICHMOND, Va., Oct. 26, 2011 /PRNewswire/ -- Union First Market Bank today announced that it has launched a free Android application (app), complementing its previously released iPhone application, giving it mobile banking apps on the two dominant mobile operating systems.
"Union launched its comprehensive free mobile banking services in August 2011 and so far more than 12,000 customers have signed up for text messaging, accessed Union's mobile web offering, or have downloaded the iPhone app," said G. William Beale, chief executive officer of Union First Market Bankshares. "According to ComScore, the Android operating system has a 43% share of mobile operating systems so Union now offers consumers the tools to bank when, where and how they want on the two dominant mobile operating systems."
Android customers will be able to download the Union First Market Mobile Banking app from the Android market and can search for the app by searching for Union First Market Bank.About Union First Market Bankshares Corporation Headquartered in Richmond, Union First Market Bankshares Corporation (NASDAQ: UBSH) is the holding company for Union First Market Bank, which has 99 branches and more than 160 ATMs throughout Virginia, Union Investment Services, Inc., which provides full brokerage services, Union Mortgage Group, Inc., which provides a full line of mortgage products, and Union Insurance Group, LLC, which offers various lines of insurance products. Union First Market Bank also owns a non-controlling interest in Johnson Mortgage Company, LLC. Additional information is available on the Company's website at http://investors.bankatunion.com. SOURCE Union First Market Bankshares Corporation
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV