- Total revenue was $19.2 million in the third quarter of 2011, a sequential increase of 18% from $16.3 million in the second quarter of 2011, and a 22% increase from $15.8 million in the third quarter of 2010. Approximately 80% of the sequential increase is attributable to increased revenue from e-book-related services that the Company performs for one of its large clients and the balance is attributable to analytics services that the Company performs for a major accounting firm.
- The Company reported net earnings of $1.4 million, or $0.06 per diluted share, in the third quarter of 2011, compared to $0.8 million, or $0.03 per diluted share, in the second quarter of 2011, and $0.3 million, or $0.01 per diluted share, in the third quarter of 2010. The increase in net earnings primarily reflects higher revenues and an increase in gross margins to 33% from 30% in the second quarter of 2011 and 28% in the third quarter of 2010.
- For the nine months ended September 30, 2011, total revenue was $50.2 million, compared to $46.6 million in the corresponding period of 2010. Pre-tax earnings improved significantly from a pre-tax loss of $0.9 million to pre-tax earnings of $3.0 million. The increase in pre-tax earnings primarily reflects higher revenues and an increase in gross margins to 31% from last year’s 24%. Net earnings were $2.2 million, or $0.09 per diluted share, for the nine months in 2011, up from a net loss of $2.0 million, or ($0.08) per diluted share, in the corresponding period of 2010.
- The Company’s balance sheet continues to be strong. Cash and cash equivalents and investments as of September 30, 2011 were $24.2 million, compared to $26.9 million as of June 30, 2011. The reduction primarily reflects cash used during the quarter for two new delivery centers in Asia and for investment in the Company’s recently-launched Innodata Advanced Data Solutions (IADS) segment, as well as for the repurchase of stock under the Company’s previously announced stock buyback programs.
Innodata Reports Third Quarter 2011 Results
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts
More than 30 investing pros with skin in the game give you actionable insight and investment ideas.