- Fees and commissions revenue grew to $146.0 million for the third quarter of 2011, compared to $127.8 million for the second quarter of 2011. Mortgage banking revenue increased $10.1 million and brokerage and trading revenue increased $5.7 million.
- Operating expenses, excluding changes in the fair value of mortgage servicing rights, totaled $196.1 million, up $6.4 million over the prior quarter. The Company accrued $5.0 million for exposure to on-going litigation and made a $4.0 million discretionary contribution to the BOKF Charitable Foundation during the third quarter.
- No provision for credit losses was recorded in the third quarter of 2011, compared to a provision for credit losses of $2.7 million for the second quarter of 2011. Net loans charged off totaled $10.2 million or 0.37% of average loans on an annualized basis for the third quarter of 2011 compared to $8.5 million or 0.32% on an annualized basis for the previous quarter.
- The combined allowance for credit losses totaled $287 million or 2.58% of outstanding loans at September 30, 2011 compared to $297 million or 2.77% of outstanding loans at June 30, 2011. Nonperforming assets totaled $388 million or 3.45% of outstanding loans and repossessed assets at September 30, 2011 and $351 million or 3.23% of outstanding loans and repossessed assets at June 30, 2011.
- Outstanding loan balances were $11.1 billion at September 30, 2011 compared to $10.7 billion at June 30, 2011. Commercial loan balances continued to grow in the third quarter of 2011, increasing $297 million over June 30, 2011. Commercial real estate loans increased $76 million and residential mortgage loans increased $44 million. Consumer loans decreased $30 million.
- Period end deposits totaled $18.4 billion at September 30, 2011 compared to $17.6 billion at June 30, 2011. Demand deposit accounts increased $688 million and interest-bearing transaction accounts increased $240 million. Time deposits decreased $80 million.
- Tangible common equity ratio was 9.65% at September 30, 2011 and 9.71% at June 30, 2011. The tangible common equity ratio is a non-GAAP measure of capital strength used by the Company and investors based on shareholders’ equity minus intangible assets and equity that does not benefit common shareholders. The Company and its subsidiary bank continue to exceed the regulatory definition of well capitalized. The Company’s Tier 1 capital ratios, as defined by banking regulations, were 13.14% at September 30, 2011 and 13.30% at June 30, 2011.
- The Company paid a cash dividend of $19 million or $0.275 per common share during the third quarter of 2011. On October 25, 2011, the board of directors approved an increase in the quarterly cash dividend to $0.33 per common share payable on or about November 30, 2011 to shareholders of record as of November 16, 2011.
BOK Financial Reports Quarterly Earnings Of $85 Million
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts
More than 30 investing pros with skin in the game give you actionable insight and investment ideas.