Analysts surveyed by Thomson Reuters expect Sprint to report a loss of 22 cents a share on revenue of $8.38 billion. The company posted a year-earlier loss of $911 million, or 30 cents a share.
Sprint, in a press release Wednesday, said it had its "best total company wireless net subscriber additions in more than five years." Sprint added almost 1.3 million total net wireless subscribers in the quarter.
Sprint noted the growth doesn't include sales of Apple's iPhone 4S which launched Oct. 14.Sprint said the "iPhone is expected to be accretive for Sprint, and iPhone users are expected to be among Sprint's most profitable customers." Sprint said it expects to add net postpaid subscribers for 2011 from 2010 and improve total net wireless subscriber additions this year. -- Written by Joseph Woelfel
>To contact the writer of this article, click here: Joseph Woelfel >To submit a news tip, send an email to: email@example.com.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV