Staar Surgical Stock Upgraded (STAA)
- The revenue growth came in higher than the industry average of 5.2%. Since the same quarter one year prior, revenues rose by 16.1%. This growth in revenue appears to have trickled down to the company's bottom line, improving the earnings per share.
- STAA's debt-to-equity ratio is very low at 0.15 and is currently below that of the industry average, implying that there has been very successful management of debt levels. To add to this, STAA has a quick ratio of 1.85, which demonstrates the ability of the company to cover short-term liquidity needs.
- STAAR SURGICAL CO reported significant earnings per share improvement in the most recent quarter compared to the same quarter a year ago. The company has demonstrated a pattern of positive earnings per share growth over the past two years. We feel that this trend should continue. During the past fiscal year, STAAR SURGICAL CO continued to lose money by earning -$0.12 versus -$0.21 in the prior year. This year, the market expects an improvement in earnings ($0.08 versus -$0.12).
- The net income growth from the same quarter one year ago has significantly exceeded that of the S&P 500 and the Health Care Equipment & Supplies industry. The net income increased by 106.7% when compared to the same quarter one year prior, rising from -$1.16 million to $0.08 million.
- Net operating cash flow has significantly increased by 432.40% to $2.50 million when compared to the same quarter last year. In addition, STAAR SURGICAL CO has also vastly surpassed the industry average cash flow growth rate of 1.42%.
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts