From a geographic productive perspective, the United States accounted for 62.1% of revenue and Asia was 15.8%. While both regions were lower quarter-over-quarter the European share rose to 18.8% last quarter as a strong September was offset by a generally slower summer period. Last quarter OEM and Direct customers accounted for over 44% of revenue and both groups continued to grow steadily. Internet Data Center reached 16.4% of total revenue in FQ1 as certain new products were deployed as the result of the higher OEM and Direct business. System sales also continues to be strong and accounted for over 39% of sales.
I will start with details regarding the progress of our new Generation X9 Sandy Bridge dual processor and H8 Interlagos solutions. As most of our customers are eagerly anticipating them, we have been investing heavily on the final push of the development cycle with our consistently growing engineering team. We will again be first to market with our phase of the product among competition.
We overcame the technical challenge and had carefully tuned and test-engineered a subsystem and a completed solution to ensure them of optimized performance and features before full bore putting us in. Last quarter we began entering into our presale activities through simple and qualifying servers for Sandy Bridge and Interlagos with our customers on specific projects. We are anticipating the launch of Interlagos with great momentum next month. For Sandy Bridge we will continue to increase our tempering and seeding programs and work with large datacenter customers for an early ship program during this quarter, and we expect they will generate additional revenue. However, we anticipate a significant revenue growth from those new solutions to begin in early 2012.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV