Other Social Networking Stocks
One more way to play the Groupon IPO would be to jump into some of the other social networking names and look for a spike off a successful showing for Groupon. I would take a hard look at some names such as Linkedin (LNKD), Sky Mobi (MOBI), Renren (RENN), United Online (UNTD), SINA (SINA), XO Group (XOXO) and Ancestry.com (ACOM). All of these names could easily rack up nice trading returns if the Groupon IPO is a success. With that in mind, I would simply look to trade any intraday strength as we get closer to the Groupon IPO.
To see these stocks in action and for more stocks to play the Groupon IPO, including Quepasa (QPSA) and Sohu.com (SOHU), check out the Groupon IPO Stock Plays portfolio on Stockpickr.-- Written by Roberto Pedone in Winderemere, Fla.
Twitter and become a fan on Facebook. At the time of publication, author had no positions in stocks mentioned. Roberto Pedone, based out of Windermere, Fla., is an independent trader who focuses on stocks, options, futures, commodities and currencies. He is also an outside contributor to Beconequity.com and maintains the website Maddmoney.net, which he sold to Blue Wave Advisors in 2008. Roberto studied International Business at The Milwaukee School of Engineering, and he spent a year overseas studying business in Lubeck, Germany.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV