WINDERMERE, Fla. (Stockpickr) -- This week, Chicago-based daily deals site Groupon is kicking off its roadshow, during which the company will be pitching its IPO shares to institutional investors and large traders.
During a road show, company executives and management try to convince savvy market players who operate mutual funds and hedge funds to buy their stock. They present their firm's growth strategies and financial information to give investors a better understanding of why the company needs to go public and how it could be a solid investment opportunity.
For example, it's been reported that one of the things that Groupon will be promoting in its roadshow is the company's Groupon Now 2.0 initiative, a mobile app service that delivers deals based on a user's location.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV