The wholesale industry closed the day down 1.7%. Chindex International Inc (CHDX), Rada Electronics Industries Inc (RADA), China Armco Metals Inc (CNAM), and L.B. Foster Company (FSTR) were all decliners today within the wholesale industry with Staar Surgical (STAA) being today's featured wholesale loser. Staar Surgical fell $1.26 (-12.7%) to $8.69 on heavy volume. Throughout the day, 936,087 shares of Staar Surgical exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 367,900 shares. STAAR Surgical Company, together with its subsidiaries, designs, develops, manufactures, and sells implantable lenses for the cataracts and refractive surgery. Staar Surgical has a market cap of $345.3 million and is part of the services sector. Shares are up 63.1% year to date as of the close of trading on Monday. TheStreet Ratings rates Staar Surgical as a hold. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its revenue growth, largely solid financial position with reasonable debt levels by most measures and solid stock price performance. However, as a counter to these strengths, we find that the company's return on equity has been disappointing.
- You can view the full Staar Surgical Ratings Report.
- Use our wholesale section to find industry-relevant news.
- Or find some new ideas from our top rated stocks lists.
- Find other investment ideas from our top rated ETFs lists.
Latest Headlines about STAA
Latest from TheStreet Wire
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV