The telecommunications industry closed the day down 2%. RF Monolithics (RFMI), Zoom Technologies Inc (ZOOM), Alvarion (ALVR), and Telestone Technologies Corporation (TSTC) were all winners today within the telecommunications industry with Philippine Long Distance Telephone (PHI) being today's featured telecommunications winner. Philippine Long Distance Telephone rose $1.07 (2%) to $53.19 on light volume. Throughout the day, 62,768 shares of Philippine Long Distance Telephone exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 130,900 shares. Philippine Long Distance Telephone Company provides telecommunication services in the Philippines. Philippine Long Distance Telephone has a market cap of $9.9 billion and is part of the technology sector. The company has a P/E ratio of 10.9, equal to the average telecommunications industry P/E ratio and below the S&P 500 P/E ratio of 17.7. Shares are down 9.4% year to date as of the close of trading on Monday. TheStreet Ratings rates Philippine Long Distance Telephone as a buy. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its increase in net income, revenue growth, expanding profit margins, good cash flow from operations and growth in earnings per share. We feel these strengths outweigh the fact that the company has had generally poor debt management on most measures that we evaluated.
- You can view the full Philippine Long Distance Telephone Ratings Report.
- Use our telecommunications section to find industry-relevant news.
- Or find some new ideas from our top rated stocks lists.
- Find other investment ideas from our top rated ETFs lists.
Latest Headlines about PHI
Latest from TheStreet Wire
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV