Trustmark Corporation (NASDAQ:TRMK) reported net income available to common shareholders of $27.0 million in the third quarter of 2011, which represented basic and diluted earnings per common share of $0.42. Trustmark’s performance during the quarter produced a return on average tangible common equity of 12.04% and a return on average assets of 1.12%. During the first nine months of 2011, Trustmark’s net income available to common shareholders totaled $82.6 million, which represented basic and diluted earnings per share of $1.29. Trustmark’s performance during the first nine months of 2011 resulted in a return on tangible common equity of 12.80% and a return on average assets of 1.15%. Trustmark’s Board of Directors declared a quarterly cash dividend of $0.23 per common share. The dividend is payable December 15, 2011, to shareholders of record on December 1, 2011.
Printer friendly version of earnings release with consolidated financial statements and notes: http://www.businesswire.com/cgi-bin/mmg.cgi?eid=50040940&lang=en
Gerard R. Host, President and CEO, stated, “Trustmark continued to post strong financial performance as reflected in expanded profitability in our mortgage banking, wealth management and insurance businesses. Our banking business also experienced solid results due in part to continued improvement in credit quality, including reductions in nonperforming loans and net charge-offs. We continued investments to support revenue growth, including expanding our banking services to the Starkville, Mississippi market as well as opening a mortgage banking office in Birmingham, Alabama. Thanks to our dedicated associates, solid profitability and strong capital base, Trustmark remains well-positioned to continue meeting the needs of our customers and take advantage of opportunities to create value for our shareholders.”
- Nonperforming loans declined 17.7% while nonperforming assets fell 10.4%
- Net charge-offs totaled $5.4 million and represented 0.36% of average loans
- Allowance for loan losses represented 248.8% of nonperforming loans, excluding impaired loans
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV