Information on these risk factors and additional information on forward-looking statements are included in the news release and in the company’s reports on file with the Securities and Exchange Commission.
And now, I’ll turn the call over to Mr. Small for his comments.
Thank you, [Terra]. Good morning and thank you for joining us to review the 2011 third quarter results. Last night, we issued our earnings release for the third quarter and this morning we would like to discuss our financial performance during the period and what we see ahead of us for the balance of the year.At the conclusion of our presentation, we will answer any questions you might have. Joining me on the call this morning to give more detail on the financial performance for the quarter is CFO, Don Hileman. Also with us this morning to assist in answering questions is Jim Rohrs, President and CEO of First Federal Bank of MidWest.Third quarter 2011 net income on a GAAP basis was $4.5 million or $0.36 per diluted common share compared to $2.3 million and $0.22 per diluted common share in the 2010 third quarter. For the nine-month period ended September 30th, 2011, First Defiance earned $11.5 million or $1.06 per diluted common share compared to $5.8 million or $0.53 per diluted common share for the nine-month period ended September 30th 2010.Lower provision expense, increased non-interest income and reduced non-interest expense, this all contributed to the earnings improvement this quarter compared to third quarter 2010.The solid 2011 third quarter results were attained as the economy continues to show volatility. At the end of the second quarter this year, we were feeling more optimistic that we were continuing on the path of slow but steady economic improvement. As I told our employees at that time had finally felt like we were playing offense again after having the defense on the field for the last three years.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV