By TAMARA CHUANG
DENVER (MainStreet) -- Chores and errands aren't glamorous but they must get done. So I'm grateful that someone took time to make mobile apps to serve mundane duties. Here are a few of the notables.
Fill a prescription:
You can always call in a prescription refill, but Walgreen's app makes life so simple by using the mobile device's camera to scan an empty bottle's barcode. There's no need to log in or have fat fingers fumbling on the keyboard typing in account numbers. The scan automatically sends a request to your designated Walgreens (WAG). Now if only the pharmacy could only beam the meds over a 4G connection.
Available on iOS, Android, Blackberry (free): Check out the Walgreen's app here.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV