NFC Foundation Continues Focus On Basic Needs Through $80,000 Of Grants To Nonprofits
The NFC Foundation, a Nash Finch Company (Nasdaq: NAFC) charitable organization, today announced recent grants made totaling $80,000. The NFC Foundation provides funding to selected nonprofits within Nash Finch’s geographic operating areas, with hunger relief and shelter as the central focus.
The organizations that received recent grants were:
- CAP Agency – The CAP Agency is a non-profit organization serving children, families, and older adults in Scott, Carver, and Dakota counties in Minnesota. In the last year, the agency provided services to approximately 45,000 residents. CAP Agency is part of a national community action association focused on reducing poverty. The NFC Foundation grant of $20,000 provides general operating support for CAP Agency programs.
- Casa de Esperanza – Headquartered in St. Paul, Minnesota, Casa de Esperanza works within communities by providing advocacy, emergency shelter, a 24-hour bilingual crisis line and opportunities for peer education. Providing funding for a second year, the NFC Foundation grant of $20,000 supports the important work of Casa de Esperanza.
- Dakota Woodlands – Dakota Woodlands is an emergency/transitional housing facility for families in Minnesota. During their stay at Dakota Woodlands, families are provided with a variety of educational and supportive services which address the issues related to homelessness and help them to successfully obtain and maintain permanent housing. A long-term NFC Foundation grant recipient, Dakota Woodlands receives a $20,000 grant to help provide services to homeless families.
- Theresa Living Center – Theresa Living Center is a residential home for homeless women 18 years and older that in addition to providing shelter, also provides guidance in setting and achieving goals, help with strengthening basic living, and teaches budgeting skills. In their second year as a recipient, a grant of $20,000 assists Theresa Living Center in providing these services.
“Our program is relatively small so a $20,000 grant makes a tremendous difference to our organization,” commented Pat Prinzevalle, Executive Director, Theresa Living Center and Caroline Family Services. “We are so grateful for the generosity of the NFC Foundation and Nash Finch employees in coming alongside us to positively impact the lives of homeless women in our community.”
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV