PowerShares DB Oil ETF
Another oil ETF that's (not surprisingly) showing a similar setup is the PowerShares DB Oil ETF (DBO). There are a few structural differences between USO and DBO -- the most notable being the expense ratios and the way each fund deals with roll yield on the futures contracts they use to track the price of oil. That's most evident in DBO's technicals right now: This fund is at an earlier stage than its more popular peer.
For DBO, the price level to watch is $27. A breakout above that level makes for a solid entry opportunity on this name. Of the two oil funds, DBO is showing less technical strength than USO. That said, it's the better choice for traders looking for a second chance at a breakout.
To see these plays in action, check out the Technical Setups for the Week portfolio at Stockpickr.-- Written by Jonas Elmerraji in Baltimore.
Twitter and become a fan on Facebook.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV