NEW YORK (TheStreet) -- Seacor Holdings Inc (NYSE:CKH) has been downgraded by TheStreet Ratings from buy to hold. Among the primary strengths of the company is its solid financial position based on a variety of debt and liquidity measures that we have evaluated. At the same time, however, we also find weaknesses including a generally disappointing performance in the stock itself, deteriorating net income and disappointing return on equity. Highlights from the ratings report include:
- Despite currently having a low debt-to-equity ratio of 0.38, it is higher than that of the industry average, inferring that management of debt levels may need to be evaluated further. Despite the fact that CKH's debt-to-equity ratio is mixed in its results, the company's quick ratio of 1.76 is high and demonstrates strong liquidity.
- The revenue fell significantly faster than the industry average of 21.8%. Since the same quarter one year prior, revenues fell by 41.7%. Weakness in the company's revenue seems to have hurt the bottom line, decreasing earnings per share.
- SEACOR HOLDINGS INC has exprienced a steep decline in earnings per share in the most recent quarter in comparison to its performance from the same quarter a year ago. This company has reported somewhat volatile earnings recently. We feel it is likely to report a decline in earnings in the coming year. During the past fiscal year, SEACOR HOLDINGS INC increased its bottom line by earning $11.50 versus $6.54 in the prior year. For the next year, the market is expecting a contraction of 67.0% in earnings ($3.80 versus $11.50).
- Current return on equity is lower than its ROE from the same quarter one year prior. This is a clear sign of weakness within the company. Compared to other companies in the Energy Equipment & Services industry and the overall market, SEACOR HOLDINGS INC's return on equity significantly trails that of both the industry average and the S&P 500.
- The gross profit margin for SEACOR HOLDINGS INC is rather low; currently it is at 16.80%. It has decreased significantly from the same period last year. Along with this, the net profit margin of 0.70% significantly trails the industry average.
Latest Headlines about CKH
Latest from TheStreet Wire
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV