HSINCHU, Taiwan, Oct. 25, 2011 /PRNewswire-Asia-FirstCall/ -- AU Optronics Corp. ( " AUO " or the " Company " ) (TAIEX: 2409; NYSE: AUO) today held its investors conference and announced its unaudited results for the third quarter of 2011(1).
AUO posted consolidated revenue of NT$98,927 million ( US$ 3,249 million)(2), up 0.9% from the previous quarter. Gross profit was at - NT$9,142 million (- US$ 300 million), with the gross margin of -9.2%. Operating loss was at NT$16,818 million ( US$ 552 million), with the operating margin of -17%. AUO's net loss for the third quarter was at NT$15,796 million ( US$ 519 million). Net loss attributable to equity holders of the parent company was NT$15,810 million ( US$ 519 million), with basic EPS of - NT$1.79 per common share (- US$0.59 per ADR).
3 Q20 1 1 Result Highlights
AUO's unaudited consolidated results for the third quarter of 2011 were highlighted as below:
- Revenue of NT$98,927 million, up 0.9% quarter-over-quarter
- Net loss of NT$15,796 million
- Basic EPS of - NT$1.79 per common share
- Gross margin of -9.2%
- Operating margin of -17%
- EBITDA(3) margin of 5.6%
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV