Third Quarter Results
The Company today reported revenues for the period from July 1 to September 30, 2011 of $26.6 million, compared to revenues of $23.3 million for the prior-year period. For the quarter there was no profit sharing under our profit-sharing arrangements.
Our vessels were on-hire 99.7% for the quarter. This does not include planned off-hire during the quarter related to the DHT Chris completing its special survey and dry-dock. The next scheduled class surveys are special surveys and dry-docks for two VLCCs; one each in the fourth quarter 2011 and first quarter 2012. In addition, two Aframax vessels are scheduled for interim surveys in the fourth quarter of 2011.
Vessel expenses for the quarter were $8.2 million which included costs related to the transfer of one vessels to a new technical manager compared to $6.8 million during the third quarter of 2010. The increase is a direct reflection of fleet expansion during the first half of 2011. Charter hire expense for the quarter was $2.5 million related to the charter in of the Venture Spirit. There was no charter hire expense during the third quarter of 2010.Depreciation and amortization, including depreciation of capitalized dry docking costs, was $8.4 million for the quarter compared with $7.2 million for the same period of 2010. The increase was due to depreciation on the two vessels acquired during 2011 which was partially offset by impact on depreciation of increasing the residual value of our other vessels as of January 1, 2011. Due to the weak tanker markets and decline in values for second hand tankers, the Company has recorded an impairment charge of $56.0 million in the third quarter. The impairment charge is a non-cash item. There was no impairment charge for the same period in 2010.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV