The computer software & services industry closed the day up 3.1%. SXC Health Solutions Corporation (SXCI), BOS Better Online Solutions (BOSC), CryptoLogic (CRYP), and Zoo Entertainment Inc (ZOOG) were all decliners today within the computer software & services industry with Smith Micro Software (SMSI) being today's featured computer software & services loser. Smith Micro Software fell 6 cents (-4.5%) to $1.26 on heavy volume. Throughout the day, 865,160 shares of Smith Micro Software exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 520,400 shares. Smith Micro Software, Inc. designs, develops, and markets software products and services primarily for the mobile computing and communications industries worldwide. The company operates in two segments, Wireless, and Productivity and Graphics segments. Smith Micro Software has a market cap of $47.9 million and is part of the technology sector. Shares are down 91.6% year to date as of the close of trading on Friday. TheStreet Ratings rates Smith Micro Software as a sell. The company's weaknesses can be seen in multiple areas, such as its deteriorating net income, disappointing return on equity, weak operating cash flow, generally disappointing historical performance in the stock itself and feeble growth in its earnings per share.
- You can view the full Smith Micro Software Ratings Report.
- Use our computer software & services section to find industry-relevant news.
- Or find some new ideas from our top rated stocks lists.
- Find other investment ideas from our top rated ETFs lists.
Latest Headlines about SMSI
Latest from TheStreet Wire
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV